The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Monday, January 6, 2014

A Couple of Cute Cushions and a Publication!

Today I thought I'd share a couple of cushions with you.


Originally I made the Reindeer one to go to market with me before Christmas, but I am afraid I loved him too much and so he didn't make it to market!


I had originally bought the plain cushion cover whilst visiting my good friend Martine in the Netherlands. Put it away and forgot it was there!  Happened across it in November and decided to pop an appliqué on it.  


I had been seeing lots of reindeer cushions in the shops and really liking them, so thought I'd pop a reindeer on!

Originally it was just the reindeer (as in the above picture) with no star decorations but I just thought he needed an extra little something to jazz him up!

The second cushion I made as a gift for my sister-in-law for Christmas.  She was visiting with us before Christmas and was admiring the Heart Tree cushion I made last year.  So a seed was planted in my mind!


Don't get me wrong I love my heart tree cushion but I knew my sister-in-law had just redecorated and refurnished her living room all in greens and browns, so I thought it would be nicer to make one that would suit the room well.


So having grilled my parents-in-law on the colours and been directed to the sofa company's website I went armed with a picture of the sofa printed out from the website to my local fabric shop.  Quickly matched up some fabrics and came home to sew!

Talking of cushions...I was excited to be approached last year by the Australian Homespun magazine regarding my Rainbow Pillow.  They wanted to publish it in one of their upcoming magazines! I was super excited and readily agreed! In the end they published the Rainbow one and also the Heart Tree cushion too in the December 2013 edition.



Linking up to Sew Many Ways and Quilt Story linky parties:

Fresh Poppy Design

4 comments:

  1. You make beautiful Applique Pillows. They would brighten up any room for sure! Congratulation upon publication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree cushion is beautiful. Congratulations on being published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stars definitely make the reindeer pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant pillow designs! The reindeer is just enchanting!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)